Flash Messaging is the new way to communicate with your friends and family! Flash maintains the urgency of phone calls while being a simpler and short-answered way of messaging. It’s fast, free and fun!
We built Flash Messaging with our users in mind. There are moments in our lives when we need quick answers for simple questions. With the sense of urgency being low for responding to SMS we needed a new way to ensure that people get closure in communication.
How many times a day do you need to ask someone a simple question without a full conversation? Many! We sat down with some of our Truecaller users, and asked them what are the most common questions they receive throughout their day.
They all agreed that most questions require one-word answers:
- Do we have milk?
- Are we meeting tonight?
- Where are you?
- What time will you arrive?
We took this feedback and created a way to communicate in just one-tap. When you cannot answer a phone call, or have a full conversation via SMS, Flash Messaging on Truecaller offers important questions to be answered within 60-seconds or less.
The benefits of Flash Messaging:
- It looks like an incoming call, but unlocks to be an incoming message
- Can be responded with one tap to send location, emojis, and pre-written smart answers
- All Truecaller users can receive them
- Free to use with data
When Flash Messaging can be useful:
- Imagine you’re giving a presentation, and your phone is buzzing away in your pocket. It’s obviously you cannot answer, or pause your presentation while you start to type sentences. That’s why with one-swipe up, Flash Messaging has pre-filled ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ options to quickly answer an important question.
- We all know driving and texting or talking on the phone is a big no-no. So why not respond in just one-tap with the word ‘driving’ pre-filled in your Flash Messaging?
- Going for a night on the town with friends? Make sure to send your location in one-tap to family throughout the night!
Flash Messaging is available as well on Android. To get Flash Messaging on iPhone, simply upgrade to the newest version from Apple App Store!